35 Random Things
My friend George challenged me to write a note with 35 random things, facts, habits, or goals about me. 35 things? Are you kidding me? Here goes…
- I would love to learn to play the harmonica.
- I am a bit of a geek.
- I have 4 children. (3 grown and 1 tearing the nest apart, piece by piece)
- I get cold when temperatures fall below 70.
- I’m not a fan of big crowds.
- I am much more comfortable in the country than in the city.
- The girls in my family are
- I dream of one day owning a really nice camera.
- I am a grandmother.
- I love most anything in nature, except snakes, spiders, and mosquitos.
- Time down on Padre Island brings me peace.
- I don’t much like being closed in.
- No matter how old I get, I am still afraid of the dark.
- The smell of fresh brewed coffee brings me comfort.
- The one challenge I have still have not beat is quitting smoking.
- My beliefs tend to be on the conservative side.
- I shy away from heated political discussions.
- My sleeping habits are not ruled by the clock.
- I don’t dream of great riches.
- I am fascinated by the power of thunderstorms.
- I drool in tech stores.
- I do not enjoy malls or shopping in general.
- I can’t remember the last time I wore heels.
- Finding my keys and cell phone is a never ending search.
- Drama irritates me.
- I can remember my phone number from 3rd grade.
- I can’t remember my own cell phone number.
- Did I mention coffee? I love coffee.
- I’m fixin’ to turn 50 this year and I am okay with it.
- I’m left handed.
- My cats drive me crazy but I adore them.
- I’m known to wear my heart on my sleeve.
- New programs give me goose bumps.
- I own too many domain names.
- I think Caller ID is a gift from heaven.
Now, I am supposed to choose 25 people to be tagged. It’s supposed to mean that I want to know more about you, but the truth is, if I had to do this, so do you! (evil grin)
I have three random things written. LOL Trying out your comment box.
checking your spam filter.
Love the list! (Also checking spam filter as requested after taking the time to enjoy what you decided to share. Coffee IS good.)
Nice list, Cricket; I should have known you were left-handed (all the great ones seem to be!) Maybe tomorrow I’ll try a ’35’ list, too (over a cuppa, of course!)
P.S. Spam filter is easily found, and I think it’s funny. (Would a spammer lie, or leave a comment and not check the box?)
that is a nice idea with the list (no, I don’t want to be tagged! 🙂 ). I like lists. Don’t know if you speak german, but in my blog you could also find some lists. To-Do list for the life, unusual marriage list, etc. 🙂
And I like your pictures. Also something in common with us. Love photographing as well… but I need my time for that. Not as professional. Just for myself. Waiting for the right moment, the right situation and then *click* 🙂
ok… maybe I will come back here somewhen and find something else interesting. Now I need to go to bad and tomorrow back to v7n… and see whats going on there.
Have nice time.
I seem to be following you around tonight. Have you noticed. We definitely have some things in common, Cricket. I’ll have to try writing 35 things for myself. Imagine that it isn’t as easy as it looks.
Hm. Do I have 35 ANYthing? Lessee:
1. Love my S/O of 25 years, ill and cranky as he is — and my two black cats. ONLY black cats allowed in our house!
2. I still like to sing the blues to my hohum guitar-playing. Wish it was better.
3. LOVE spiced red wine, Sam Adams beer and Schmidt Sonne spaetlese white wine — hate hard liquor.
4. I’m righthanded, and I use it to fight the stuff I think is unjust — been REAL busy lately…
5. Love to paint portraits in pastels (chalk). Try to make them “speak.”
6. Kinda low-tech, but learning (I’m old, after all).
7. Born on Hallowe’en — love it, just wish I hadn’t seen so many of them.
8. Wanna walk without my cane. >:o(
9. Wish I had one of all the instruments I’ve ever played — but then I’d need a bigger house!
10. I dream of writing a blockbuster murder mystery that would get made into a SCARY movie!
11. Grew up reading Nancy Drew murder mysteries — guess it stuck.
12. Love horseback riding — knee too effed up to do any more.
13. Only been to Texas once; wonder if I should try it again. It seemed kind of hot and beer-soaked — played poker for 24 hours, didn’t see much else.
Can’t really think of a whole lot else that seems interesting — not even sure this does. But it’s something to consider, anyway.
You don’t know me but you’ve been on my facebook page.
You just recently sent me a friends request.
I enjoyed reading your 35 things about you so in return…
35 things about me…here goes…
1. I commit fully to a friendship or relationship.
2. I DON’T like to discuss politics or religion because I don’t enjoy confrontation.
3. I don’t spell well.
4. I don’t feel family should ever give up on family.
5. Most people aren’t willing to show their REAL side.
6. Secrets aren’t secret unless you keep them to yourself.
7. I like being nice to people who are nice.
8. I enjoy conversations about the day or about the past. (the elderly have the best stories to tell,
but children tell them with the most enthusiasm)
9. I like reading inspirational stuff other than just from the Bible.
10. I love little children.
11. I enjoy Waking up!!! The morning is the best part of my day.
12. HAPPY DRIVING IS driving long distance from point A to point B & getting to point B with ALL
the happenings in between.
13. I like drawing up something in my mind, making it & watching it work.
14. I enjoy watching movies.
15. Sharing what I know with someone who wants to learn. ie..fishing, camping,carpentry,
mechanics, painting & so on.
16. I enjoy most music (NOT RAP or OPERA)
17. I love looking in the Tool ,Sporting Goods, Electronics Departments in stores. They give me
ideas for future projects.
18. I dislike going Grocery shopping WITHOUT a list.
19. I write everything down.
20. I have a Monthly Budget List made out 6 months in advance. ( I’m always making
adjustments to it. LOL)
21. I make my bed every morning before my shower.
22. I’m a clean freak who HATES to dust.
23. I don’t mind doing laundry but I HATE putting clothes away that aren’t mine.
24. I think I’m an all around experienced guy. I’m a TAMED ” BAD BOY “.
25. I like the smell of the rain, the freshness of snow, the warmth of the sun & the beauty of the
26. I love being an American.
27. I put all my energy into the woman I’m in a relationship with so I can’t be bothered with
28. I’m a city boy who has always been great with animals of all kinds.
29. I like to take up the whole floor when I slow dance. (My Grandfather taught me that)
30. I like to eat & cook regular Home Cooking. (Steak & Potatoes)
31. I like being sober.
32. I don’t get along with RUDE or OBNOXIOUS people of any sort,
33. I love to see people smiling, it makes me wonder what’s on their mind.
34. I love see children open presents on Christmas morning.
35. I enjoy Facebook, the way it brings people together. Old Friends & New Friends!!!
That’s random. It’s much easier to follow my facebook page & look through my photo albums. That’s how I try to find out more about someone in a BASIC way. It can ALL be made up to look good untill you spend the time to find out.
Too many people are in a hurry these days. I think that’s where some people find their troubles. SAD ISN’T IT!!!
I absolutely LOVE your response! 🙂